Toothbrush Care from your Whitby Dentist
Downtown Whitby Dentistry suggests that toothbrush care is and important part in your overall Dental Health. Here are some helpful Tips on your toothbrush:
- Rinse your toothbrush: After completing brushing, you should thoroughly rinse your toothbrush with tap water.
- Storing your toothbrush: always store your toothbrush in an upright position. Doing so will allow the toothbrush to properly dry. A moist toothbrush can promote microbial growth.
- Replace your toothbrush regularly: toothbrush should be replaced every three to four months. However if you notice that the bristles of your toothbrush become frayed or matted, you should replace sooner rather than later.
- Never share your toothbrush: when you share your toothbrush you run the risk of new bacteria being transferred to the brush. This can lead to colds or flu as well as putting your gums and teeth at risk.
- When travelling: avoid storing your toothbrush in a plastic bag. You should use a proper toothbrush travel case. As well, ensure your toothbrush is completely dry when placing back into your travel case.
- Toothbrush storage: consider using a wall-mounted toothbrush holder. Keeping your brush far enough away from your sink. Having your toothbrush too close to the sink can result in splashes from dirty water and soap from hand washing.
The Canadian Dental Association has a product page which contains a list of recommend manual toothbrushes… Toothbrushes recommended by the CDA . Here is a partial list:
Downtown Whitby Dentistry and their experienced dental team have been helping patients of all ages in Whitby Ontario. If you would like to schedule a consultation or make an appointment feel free to call us at 905-430-7045. You can also use our “Request an Appointment” form.